• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create new document - InDesign 16

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work computer, running Windows 10 64-bit operating system, updated to InDesign 16 this weekend. I can no longer create a new document in InDesign since the update. While I am able to open a previously-created document and the New Document dialog box opens when I try, once I hit create, the dialog box disappears but no new spreads appear.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the program twice; once saving my preferences and once discarding them. I have uninstalled the program, rebooted my computer to install minor Windows updates, then tried reinstalling again. Nothing has helped. 

I have confirmed with other users in my company that their version of ID16 is working fine. Any advice would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

I had the same problem. As a work-around, try going to preferences>general>Use Legacy "New Document" Dialog and check the box. I also unchecked "Show Home Screen When No Documents Are Open", but I'm not sure that was necessary. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. As a work-around, try going to preferences>general>Use Legacy "New Document" Dialog and check the box. I also unchecked "Show Home Screen When No Documents Are Open", but I'm not sure that was necessary. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! I already had the "Show Home Screen" unchecked, but switching to the legacy "New Document" panel definitely worked. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I could NOT figure this out. 

It worked, but the show home screen option wasn't necessary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines