Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot extract the embedded font IMBNRS+Noto in acrobate reader

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have created NewPDF using IText 5.5 with embeded font "NotoSansCJKtc-Regular.otf".

Non-English font is visible in all the browser and adobe reader but getting blank in Reader DC.

Instead it shows warning message.

Screenshot are attached here.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , SDK , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this have to do with InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Users are comfortable opening pdf in DC so they do not want to use any other editors for just to open single report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more observation it is also not working on IE 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft has abandoned it
[edited by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, every single answer you provide on here is nothing but a veiled insult. What is going on with you? There's no reason to demean people in your responses. You can just simply answer with helpful info. Does it make you feel big? To put other's down?

I have zero tolerance for bullying. I've reported you multiple times, though I doubt anything will happen since you're a "most valuable participant." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You obviously have no idea what bullying means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you're right, Bob. I could have used other choice nouns to describe your actions but I went with something a bit less aggressive. Enlighten me. What does bullying mean to you?

If you're having trouble coming up with an answer, I find this handy definition from the national center against bullying particularly enlightening:

Bullying is the ongoing and deliberate misuse of power in relationships through repeated verbal, physical and/or social behaviour that intends to cause physical, social and/or psychological harm. It can involve an individual or a group misusing their power, or perceived power, over one or more persons who feel unable to stop it from happening.

Therefore, you are a Most Valuable Participant, and you regularly insult people who come to these forums in good faith to get their questions answered. You are a toxic member of this community, misusing your "power," making yourself feel better by insulting others.

You're doing Adobe a great disservice with your repeated abuse.

Lastly, I'd like to point you to the "Community Guidelines" sticky directly above this composition window that clearly reads, "Be kind and respectful."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've had your say. I'm locking this thread...it has outlived its usefulness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines