Cannot find my endnotes - Endnote text is either hidden or locked

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have placed a Word document with 71 footnotes into InDesign, but I want to have them as endnotes and not footnotes. The footnotes appeared correctly when I placed the document, and I "successfully" converted them to endnotes (the references are still in place), but I cannot see the endnote text anywhere. When I right click on an endnote reference and choose “Go to Endnote Text”, I get the message that the endnote text is either hidden or locked.

If you are familiar with this feature in InDesign, can you help me find my endnotes and make them appear? Thank you!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

New Here , Jan 22, 2021
dwe16 New Here , Jan 22, 2021
Solved! I figured out that I had to change "Document" to "Story" in the Document Endnote Options. Phew.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! I figured out that I had to change "Document" to "Story" in the Document Endnote Options. Phew.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more