Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get FONTS of Stockmedium anymore

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community, 

I am desperate: I bought a Stock Medium Portfolio/Magazine Layout by "Marcel" as Layout and FONTS were great for our project. Finished having filled in all the texts & pics, one time Indesign opened a window when closing the document aksing something about FONTS, I just pressed (=messed up) something and closed the document. NOW all the fonts are gone, the text does not fit in anymore and the document 

looks horrible. 

Even if I download the document again, fonts are gone. I have de-installed already ID and installed it again, updated it: FONTS are gone. HOW CAN I GET THE FONTS OF THE STOCK-MEDIUM? They normally always showed up. Thank you so much for you help or advice!!!! I have a deadline (of course..) and cannot finish the document! Maria

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to download the fonts again: https://stockindesign.com

Always, always back up your work, frequently, and save them internally and externally and, if you've been working on a document for some time, save it as an IDML document (and incrementally rename it) to clear out the crud that builds up and that can cause corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Derek Cross, 

Thank you so much for your quick and helpful reply. I finally am just trying to install the fonts again directly in the cloud. I will take your advice very seriously about saving the documents.

Thanks a lot! With kind regards, Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one should use T1 Fonts since 20 years and now it is making problems. Replace the fonts with their OTF counterpart which mostly exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Willi Adelberger, 

Thank you very much for your advice! I will try it. 

With kind regards, Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willi,

do you have an idea what happened to Maria?

Was there a font warning for used PostScript Type 1 fonts in the document?
Answering this will not remove the fonts. So what has happened exactly?

( I'm just curious… )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Uwe, 

Thank you so much for asking! Actually, as I had a deadline for finishing the Magazine I had to find any quick solution and just resolved the problem "manually" and installed Adobe Fonts that would look similar to the Stock Medium and put them to the document.

You are surely right about the font warning. What caused all the misery was my stress: When closing the Magazin there came (probably a font warning) - surely it was something about the fonts - and I just pressed something. After that all fonts for the document where and are still gone, even if I uploaded the original Stock Medium again from my Adobe Library. So - the problem is superficially resolved but really. If you still have an idea am grateful for any advice. All the best, Maria 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What fonts are missing?

Can you posts a screen shot of your Find/Replace Type dialog (under Type menu)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines