• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get page numbers to advance automatically

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a book of two hundred plus pages written on Microsoft Word. (No Header or Footer)

I’ve placed the document to InDesign – no problem.

I’ve got the sections marked and the pages numbering correctly for each section, but I can’t seem to get the pages to number and advance automatically.

I’ve watched all the tutorials and read all the how to stuff (Unless I missed something) and I’m totally stumped. Can you folks get me herded in the right direction?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Are you using the Book feature of is everything in one document?

Please show screen shots of your numbering and sections dialog and your Pages panel and tell us what part is not working the way you want it too.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm that you put the Current Page Number marker is on the master page--and you are using that master page in the document. 

The Number and Section Options need to be Automatic to advance from the previous page--except for the pages you want to restart the number. When you do restart, it is ONLY for the one page where the change occurs--the following pages are still set to automatic. 

If you can't get it working, can you upload the document. (Make a copy and delete the text--we would just need to see the document structure.)

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Page numbers have to be placed on master pages in InDesign. This article explains how;

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/layout-design-9.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines