• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get text to flow to next page

Participant ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have overset text indicated by the red box with a plus sign. I need this text to flow to the next page. When I click on the box the red plus goes away, but the cursor does not change. If I hover over the text box I see a tiny black box with a dot in the center. I do not see the icon of a page that is suppose to come up with the cursor loaded with text. If I click nothing happens. If I go to the next page and draw a text box nothing happens. I have tried everything and googled a ton. I cannot figure this out. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Make sure the text frame is selected (shows bounding box handles) as shown below. You click on the Red Plus icon with the Black Arrow (Selection) Tool ONCE on the +.  You should immediately see the loaded Text Cursor icon.

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 4.40.58 PM.png

If that doesn't work, you might need to try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure the text frame is selected (shows bounding box handles) as shown below. You click on the Red Plus icon with the Black Arrow (Selection) Tool ONCE on the +.  You should immediately see the loaded Text Cursor icon.

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 4.40.58 PM.png

If that doesn't work, you might need to try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines