• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot hide baseline grid

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to set my InDesign document to where I can see the bounding boxes and the guides that I make for each page without the baseline grid, but when I go to View > Grids & Guides there is only the option to SHOW the baseline grid, even though it's already visible. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 12.12.02 PM.png

 
[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

So, this file was created by a different user that created their own guides on the Master page (Layout > Create Guides). Once I saw this I was able to remove them by checking Remove Existing Ruler Guides. Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are showing does not seem to be a baseline grid: there is no vertical lines in a baseline grid. It looks like a custom construction using both vertical and horizontal guides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response! The weird thing is that I didn't create the grid, and when I select Delete Grids & Guides on Spread, nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hide Guides should be the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that I want to see other guides that I create, but I can't get these to go away. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if the guides/grid you want to delete are not on a locked layer.

Edit: if you want to hide them, move them to a dedicated layer and hide this layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or create your "own" guides on a new layer. Hide or remove the other layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, this file was created by a different user that created their own guides on the Master page (Layout > Create Guides). Once I saw this I was able to remove them by checking Remove Existing Ruler Guides. Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines