Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Load Printer Presets in InDesign

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

I just downloaded Indesign, Photoshop, Acrobat DC & Illustrator.. my boss had sent me two printer presets that I need to load (she uses them in the same version that i have so they should work...), so I went in:

File > Print Presets > Define > Load

I choose the file/preset and it comes up with: "Cannot import presets from this file"

the file shows up in my system as "adobe pdf settings" (.joboptions) so i'm not sure why it's not loading!  Is there something im missing, does it need to be a different file type? The preset also opens fine with Adobe Distiller... just not indesign...

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

The only way to get a .joboptions file would be via File>AdobePDF Presets>Define>Save As

Are you and your boss outputting InDesign files to the same composite printer?

Screen Shot 12.png

Screen Shot 11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're mixing up Print Presets and PDF Presets. Print presets are saved from File > Print Presets > Define as a file which has the extension ".prst"

Adobe PDF Presets are created by choosing File > Adobe PDF Presets > Define. When you create a PDF Preset, it has the .joboptions extension you describe:

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 4.18.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve,

I wonder how the file was sent to me that way (as the adobe pdf preset) and my boss uses it for her InDesign.. Thanks for the response, i'm considering just having her screen shot her presets and i'll just recreate it.  --Holly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way to get a .joboptions file would be via File>AdobePDF Presets>Define>Save As

Are you and your boss outputting InDesign files to the same composite printer?

Screen Shot 12.png

Screen Shot 11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines