Highlighted

Cannot open Hyperlinks to Youtube

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I'm exporting a PDF and have gone in to trust manager to allow all links. Everything else is fine but I cannot click through links to Youtube at all for some reason.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Thanks

Marion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot open Hyperlinks to Youtube

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I'm exporting a PDF and have gone in to trust manager to allow all links. Everything else is fine but I cannot click through links to Youtube at all for some reason.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Thanks

Marion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More details please. So you're adding YouTube hyperlinks that appear in the exported Pdf file. In Acrobat, you allowed all hyperlinks but now when you click on the hyperlink in ACROBAT, the hyperlinks aren't working? Do they open in a web browser? Where is the failure occurring?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad, yes they do open in a Web browser, in Chrome. See screen grab attached. All other links are fine. It's just with Youtube

I Screenshot 2019-06-05 at 09.54.44.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this has nothing to do with InDesign or Acrobat and instead may have to do with your Internet Service Provider (ISP). I'd try going to that url on another computer outside of your current network or on your phone using cellular (not wifi) connection. Here's a video that might help you Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network || Google search problem solve ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I type in the encoded URL you have, then I get the same message. If I replace %3F by / and %3D by = the video plays.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still getting the warning when I access from my phone. Wifi has been turned off.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok good to know but this is a presentation I'm sending out to people and I can't be asking them to replace characters in the URL. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 1
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the URL look like when you enter it in Indesign?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't really tell from your post because the forum mangles URLs. Does it use the URL escapes (%3F and so forth) when it is typed in InDesign?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it does! Ok here's a screen grab - it's the one in blueScreenshot 2019-06-05 at 15.54.06.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 1
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I get the same results with the escaped URL. By which I mean the one with %3F and so on. Get rid of that as I described "If I replace %3F by / and %3D by = the video plays."

These URLs are valid, but unusual, and they are being rejected by Google, so make them into normal URLs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so I tried replacing in the hyperlink on the doc but it reverts to %3d. Sending out to pitch and asking people to replace characters in the URL on Chrome won't cut it as nobody will do that. Any other ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marion,

I have no problem to insert a hyperlink like the one you posted in reply 8.

German InDesign CC 2019 14.0.2 on Windows 10:

Hyperlink-to-YouTube-Video-2.PNG

What's your exact version of InDesign?

What's your operating system?

Regards,
Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 0
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't stop InDesign doing this, you won't be able to use URLs like this. Nobody would expect the end users to fix it, you have to make InDesign work for you...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 1
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue!  Every other link works in my PDF, except those I'm trying to insert from youtube.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2020 0