• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot open idml

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today i upgrade Indesign to 16.2.1 and now i got the message: "cannot open the file idml. Adobe InDesign may not support the file format, a plug-in that supports the file format may be missing"

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Violet,

are you sure that the file you want to open is indeed an IDML file?

Maybe someone sent a file that just was renamed to suffix *.idml and it is something else entirely?

If that's not the case and you saved an IDML from an InDesign document, just try to open the InDesign document from a previous version in your updated InDesign 2021 version 16.2.1.

If you like make the IDML file available through Dropbox or a similar service and I try to open it with my German version of InDesign 2021 on Windows 10. Just post a download link. Do not attach the file, because you will not be able to change your answer after posting.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for answer.

I got the file from someone else. I was told that it was saved from indesign. I work on Mac with a Middle east version so maybe that the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines