• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open the JPG & PDF Files

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently to try open the PDF pages, and a file with JPG extention, however InDesign cannot open & a pop up warning appear that InDesign "Adobe InDesign may not support the file format, a plugin that support the file format may be missing..." as per screen shot attached:

POP SCREEN JPG.jpg

Please advise me how to resolve it.

Thanks & Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

You can't edit PDF in InDesign directly.

As say to you Paul you can use PDF2ID plugin.

Here it list of some other PDF-editor software:

- Adobe Acrobat Pro (native application)

- Adobe Illustrator

- CorelDraw

- Iceni Infix

- Serif PagePlus or DrawPlus

About JPG. You can do some not-full-edit with competitor software such as QuarkXPress or PagePlus, but you can't do this with InDesign. Because in 99% users of Adobe buy InDesign with CC-subscription where Photoshop is included. I'm prefer to use only photo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried File > Place ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Derek,

Thank you for your advice, with Place way I can place both in my Spread. The reason I will do with Open is I want to edit a PDF file through InDesign, also I don't to change the original  PDF document size.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't edit PDF in InDesign directly.

As say to you Paul you can use PDF2ID plugin.

Here it list of some other PDF-editor software:

- Adobe Acrobat Pro (native application)

- Adobe Illustrator

- CorelDraw

- Iceni Infix

- Serif PagePlus or DrawPlus

About JPG. You can do some not-full-edit with competitor software such as QuarkXPress or PagePlus, but you can't do this with InDesign. Because in 99% users of Adobe buy InDesign with CC-subscription where Photoshop is included. I'm prefer to use only photoshop when needs to edit raster graphics. But you can try some another software such as

- Corel Photopaint or PaintShop Pro

- Serif Affinity or PhotoPlus

- Google Picasa

- many others

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear George,

Thank you for your information, I will do as per your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are unable to open JPEG photos in Windows, update your Photo Viewer or Photos App. Updating the app usually fixes the bugs that prevent your JPEG files to open. You can update Windows Photo Viewer or Photos app automatically by updating your Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines