Highlighted

Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation. Indesign with MP3

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Trying to upload MP3 files to Indesign 15.0.3. Seems this issue appeared in the past long ago.
Is any quick fix or patch? Is this a recurrent issue with different files? I changed the name for known characters and seems not responding. Restarted Indesign, not solved. Restarted Mac, not solved.

Thank you Steve for your guidelines. Very useful.
Although your recomendation were very precise, what I found, (and my mistake for not providing the whole picture on my issue) and I think this will be helpful for the community, is that on the project that I am working at, implies to do some re-work on some old Indesign files that had embedded Flash files within. That being said, when I open those files and tried to re-link the audio files to the 'new' version of my Indesign file, seems that the program 'corrupts' the files and does not allow them to be uploaded anymore back into Indesign, hence the message of 'No filter found for requested operation'.
What I did instead is open those 'damaged' MP3 files (Indesign handles them as 'swf.unsupported' binders) and convert them to a new MP3 file, and voilà! the files are now being able to be connected and uploaded to the 'new' Indesign file, which is basically the same as the one at the begining, but with some corrections the client is asking to make.
Thank you for your time on this. Helpful community and fast response!
Antonio

TOPICS
Bug, EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation. Indesign with MP3

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Trying to upload MP3 files to Indesign 15.0.3. Seems this issue appeared in the past long ago.
Is any quick fix or patch? Is this a recurrent issue with different files? I changed the name for known characters and seems not responding. Restarted Indesign, not solved. Restarted Mac, not solved.

Although your recomendation were very precise, what I found, (and my mistake for not providing the whole picture on my issue) and I think this will be helpful for the community, is that on the project that I am working at, implies to do some re-work on some old Indesign files that had embedded Flash files within. That being said, when I open those files and tried to re-link the audio files to the 'new' version of my Indesign file, seems that the program 'corrupts' the files and does not allow them to be uploaded anymore back into Indesign, hence the message of 'No filter found for requested operation'.
What I did instead is open those 'damaged' MP3 files (Indesign handles them as 'swf.unsupported' binders) and convert them to a new MP3 file, and voilà! the files are now being able to be connected and uploaded to the 'new' Indesign file, which is basically the same as the one at the begining, but with some corrections the client is asking to make.
Antonio

TOPICS
Bug, EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. What happens when you choose File > Place and place it on an InDesign 15.0.3 document page. It's working me in MacOS 10.15.5.

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 5.37.52 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve. Quick
I am using the same as you: MacOS 10.15.5 (19F101) on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013),  2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 de cuatro núcleos, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

When placing the file for the first time, the message appears right away.Captura de Pantalla 2020-06-08 a la(s) 7.51.40 p.m..pngCaptura de Pantalla 2020-06-08 a la(s) 7.52.32 p.m..png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try with a different MP3 file? Can it be placed in a different InDesign file? (If all ID files, you might try restoring InDesign preferences:

Set preferences in Adobe InDesign - Adobe Supporthelpx.adobe.com › indesign › using › setting-prefer...

If only in that InDesign file, you might need to save as IDML and reopen to remove corruptionl

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antonio

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 1