Highlighted

Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation.

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation." I am using InDesign 2020 on Mac. Please advise.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation.

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation." I am using InDesign 2020 on Mac. Please advise.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 22, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toniko: You will need to let us know what kind of file you are trying to place in InDesign 2020.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 1
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are correct without knowing the type of file we cannot sort it out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My appologies. The files are .jpg. I have tried .png, .pdf, .ai and they all work fine. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is its file type one of the supported types? See a list on https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/supported-file-formats-indesign-cs5.html (it says "CS5" but actually I don't believe the list has changed in the past decade – except for the very latest version, which added SVG).

Also, remember that changing a file extension does not magically make the file a correct type! You cannot rename a file from, say, "document.pages" (which would be an Apple Pages file) to "document.docx" and expect it to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem. Any advices on how to fix this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was solved by eliminating all special chars from the path. I also did uninstall/cleanup/reinstall, but I suspect that did not affect anything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download example to some dropbox/yadisk service and give us the link. Without file you can't expect real help in your question. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue it is with a JPEG. I did not change the file type. There is clearly something else going on here. Can you please expand on these issues?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry file type .JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steinrueckn:

Are you able to open up the image in Photoshop? If so you can save it as a .PSD, or export it to a JPEG or PNG. Any of those formats can be placed in InDesign.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what version of InDesign are you? What macOS version?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact issue. InDesign is up to date. Using a MacOS Mojave.

Trying to import an Excel spreadsheet into ID and I get this same error message. Please advise! 

Thanks 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to save this file to some root folder without any special or non-latin character. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/cannot-place-doc-docx-nor-rtf-indesign-at-least-15-0-1-15-0-...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any other sort of resolution? I am having the same issue right now. I'm working on Windows 10, trying to place a PSD file into my InDesign document. Using the latest version of CC for all programs. I've also saved the PSD as a PNG and JPEG with the same problem ensuing.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the document won't open in PSD either... it's a PSD. It's now saying it's not a valid photoshop document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0