• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot print "PB" pages

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a large indesign 2019 CC spread and several pages are exporting to pdf as blank. The problem can be seen on the pages panel, where they are not rendering but are blank. Oddly, the blanks on the page panel have the correct page numbers (D-3, D-5) but the pages themselves have "PB" for page numbers. Does this stand for "pasteboard"? If so, why? I cannot see where to control this.  I also tried adding new pages but it did not correct the problem.

Please advise.

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 1.44.56 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Agree with Eugene, sounds like a corruption, and would export a copy to IDML, then open the IDML and see if it resolves the issue.

Other posters with similar issues had luck with that on this thread: Links are in the file, it says on PB, but are not accessible... what to do?!

Otherwise, there is a bug report on the indesign.uservoice.com with a similar issue and an invitation for an engineer to inspect: double layout page has become a PB spread. some pictures missing – Adobe InDesign Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your pages think they are actually on the pasteboard - which speaks of some sort of weird corruption (not a bad thing, just bad code in the file probably built up over time).

To fix, try moving the frame from the page to the pasteboard, to the middle of the page, and back to the original location.

Or if that's not working - then roundtrip to File>Export and choose IDML - then open that file - save it as a new indesign file - and hopefully that fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Eugene, sounds like a corruption, and would export a copy to IDML, then open the IDML and see if it resolves the issue.

Other posters with similar issues had luck with that on this thread: Links are in the file, it says on PB, but are not accessible... what to do?!

Otherwise, there is a bug report on the indesign.uservoice.com with a similar issue and an invitation for an engineer to inspect: double layout page has become a PB spread. some pictures missing – Adobe InDesign Feedback

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Exported to IMDL and re-opened. Did see some changes, but I still have a lot of missing  images. Looks like some frames are working like a mask or something. Most other images in a frame are on the right bottom corner of the frame (so you can't see them). Also, transparancy and feather effects on pictures are not visable after exporting to IMDL. 

Conclusion: exporting to IMDL isn't working for me. Need another option. Are there more fixes possible?  Never had any problems and suddendly it occured. (when reopening the file).

EDIT: I just noticed that creating a package isn't possible. Exporting the PDF doesn't work anymore. Pictures that seem on 'PB' in the links panel, are on the correct page but show as small dot. Relinking the picture doesn't work. On one page the whole page dissapears when in 'preview-mode' (W). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did happen to notice that, when attempting to add new pages to replace the "PB" ones, the text boxes shifted radically to the right, onto the pasteboard. So, for some reason, the Indesign file believes the pasteboard is the proper location for the text boxes on those two pages.

Okay, I will attempt to export to idml and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same thing happened to me without warning and thank goodness I came to the forum. I exported my file as IDML, then reopened it and it is fine now. The only thing that was amiss is that some of the fonts did not export correctly and that was an easy fix. Thank you for the help everyone! I'm in the middle of a very tedious instruction manual and it would have been quite a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same thing happened to me and that seems to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines