• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Save Document. Must use Save As and Rename.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save my document, I receive a pop-up that states "Cannot save because document is open in other application." But it isn't. The only thing I can do is Save As, which I don't want to do because then every time I save, I have another version. This has happened sporadically with several different documents.

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

It's not a bad thing to have multiple versions. We often encounter users who haven't done this and wish they had because their single version has become corrupt over time. We always recommend creating incremental backups.

In this case, confirm that you have read/write privileges on that drive. If you do, rebuilding preferences/cache may be the next step.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a bad thing to have multiple versions. We often encounter users who haven't done this and wish they had because their single version has become corrupt over time. We always recommend creating incremental backups.

In this case, confirm that you have read/write privileges on that drive. If you do, rebuilding preferences/cache may be the next step.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines