• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot scale object and frame with measurement tool on some objects

Engaged ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a page with several objects in frames. I know Adobe changed the behaviors of how you can select the frame or object (and not for the better) a few versions back, but I'm having instances where I can select an object and frame with the direct selection tool, enter a measurement to scale it, but only the frame scales. Object does not. I can select object only and scale that, but frame stays same size. Happens with some and not on others. I can manually resize them dragging corners no problem. Simply trying to scale all the objects and frames to the same height. Not seeing any discernible difference in appearance.
Currently must do some manually (not easy to match measurement)
Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should easily be able to resize both content and frame by using the Selection Tool (the black arrow) and dragging a corner. Hold down the Shift key to contrain aspect ratio. p.s. You should not use the Direct Selection tool (the white arrow) unless you want to move a single point on a path. Basically, it should typically not be used at all. Hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Diane, I meant black arrow, not white to select both to scale manually.
I did find the culprit. That tiny box "Auto fit" up top near all the box icons must be checked to scale both. If unchecked, only the frame or object (not both) will scale using entering a measurement. Just had to toggle between elements to try and see a difference in menu layout. Par for the course these days. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines