Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot ungroup massive group

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I somehow created a massive group among multiple pages of the document. I cannot edit the group or edit anything on one of the pages even though none of them are locked. Whenever I try to ungroup, it says it is unable to ungroup becauase items will "fall off the pasteboard." Is there anyway to override this feature so that I can ungroup it regardless? This has rendered the page uneditable and I don't care if something falls off the pasteboard.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Maybe try expanding the horiontal and vertical pasteboards to the maximum, which is 120"?

Screen Shot 28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Also, a group is confined to a single spread, but if you move it so that one of its pageitems falls off the pasteboard you would get the message even with a simple 2 item group.

So, this will ungroup without a problem:

Screen Shot 29.png

But this won’t because I moved the group so that the page item on the right is completely off the pasteboard:

Screen Shot 31.png

I could direct select the item, which is off the pasteboard, and delete:

Screen Shot 32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try expanding the horiontal and vertical pasteboards to the maximum, which is 120"?

Screen Shot 28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, a group is confined to a single spread, but if you move it so that one of its pageitems falls off the pasteboard you would get the message even with a simple 2 item group.

So, this will ungroup without a problem:

Screen Shot 29.png

But this won’t because I moved the group so that the page item on the right is completely off the pasteboard:

Screen Shot 31.png

I could direct select the item, which is off the pasteboard, and delete:

Screen Shot 32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines