• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot wrap text around anchored text frame

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a hot minute since I've had to use InDesign. I've got a report designed and mostly finished - going through the steps to ensure it's accessible with logically set reading order. I have a bunch of pull quotes that I know need to be anchored in specific areas for their reading order to be picked up correctly.

For the life of me I cannot get the main threaded text to wrap around the anchored text text. It works with anchored graphic frame?! Is this just not possible? If not, what's the recommendation for ensuring logical reading order when setting articles since the main text is threaded across the pages?

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 4.37.34 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text wrap works on lines in the paragraph after the anchor marker, so in your example, if you moved the anchor before the first numbered paragraph, it will honor the wrap of the numbered paragraph. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This "shortcoming" of InDesign has been a royal PITA for all InDesigners since the begining of time. And it still has not been corrected by Adobe.

The only way it will change is if we vote for it on Adobe's user feedback website, https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/34501540-an...

If you want to see other features/bugs that will help those of us who work on accessibility, visit my firm's clearinghouse page https://www.pubcom.com/vote/ where you'll find a quick guide to voting on tools for InDesign, Acrobat, and Word.

So VOTE!  Tell your colleagues to vote. Have your mom vote. Your sweetie. The dog and cat. Vote up this bug fix!

Note: your pull quotes might not need to be tagged at all in the PDF. If they repeat verbatim what is said in the main body text, then PDF/UA and WCAG have requirements to not repeat content and you can artifact your text frames that hold the pull quotes and ignore anchoring them into the reading order (RO).

But if your pull quotes are new copy, or rephrase what's in the body text, then yes, anchor and tag them.

PS: Isn't it sad that we have to use "get out the vote" election tactics to get a bug fixed? Such a bad reflection on our computer software industry, not just Adobe, but all of the major manufacturers.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines