Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant access Preferences or change workspace ?? what am i doing wrong

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I suddenly can't seem to change workspaces or access my preferences its all greyed out. I tried accessing preferences in a document and out but they are always greyed out? What am I doing wrong all of a sudden. 

Thank you in advance. 

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Is this happening in one particular file, or with every file you try?

If a particular file, it could be corruption. Try saving the file as IDML (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML]. Then reopen the file.

If it happens with all files, try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Is this happening in one particular file, or with every file you try?

If a particular file, it could be corruption. Try saving the file as IDML (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML]. Then reopen the file.

If it happens with all files, try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, 

Thank you for replying. 

I am on macOS Catalina 10.15.7. my InDesign is v16.0 and it is happening on all files even old ones. I cant rebuild preferences and cache files because I can't close InDesign either I get an error that says 'cannot handle the request because a modal dialog or alert is active' 

???

Thanks again for the Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch that managed a forced quite and trying to rebuild preferences and cache files now thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ow wonderful all working again Thank you very much @Steve Werner 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines