Highlighted

cant backspace delete in InDesign using Mac 10.14.6 Mojave and latest version of inDesign 15.0.2

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going along fine with InDesign, then I launched a tutorial and after that my workspace dissappeared all my toolbars were gone and when I attempted to edit in a textbox i could not backspace delete, it just gave me a bleep. I can still type but I had to edit my preferences to not hide my toolbars and then had to work out how to bring my tool bars back. I could not however recove the default workspace that was there before previwing the tutorial.

The main problem now is not being able to fully edit text as I have no use of the backspace function. I'm using a brand new UK speck iMac with laterst iNdesign but have not updated beyond Mojave as it will stop me from using older software that I need.

How do I fix this problem please help???

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Pressing the tab button toggles on and off the tool box.

The Workspace (Windows > Workspace) shows you several Workspaces and you can reset them or create your own.

The Workspace arrangement has been changed in InDesign2020.

If you have an issue with InDesign not working properly see if resetting the InDesign preferences sorts the issue out.

Topics

Bug, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

cant backspace delete in InDesign using Mac 10.14.6 Mojave and latest version of inDesign 15.0.2

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going along fine with InDesign, then I launched a tutorial and after that my workspace dissappeared all my toolbars were gone and when I attempted to edit in a textbox i could not backspace delete, it just gave me a bleep. I can still type but I had to edit my preferences to not hide my toolbars and then had to work out how to bring my tool bars back. I could not however recove the default workspace that was there before previwing the tutorial.

The main problem now is not being able to fully edit text as I have no use of the backspace function. I'm using a brand new UK speck iMac with laterst iNdesign but have not updated beyond Mojave as it will stop me from using older software that I need.

How do I fix this problem please help???

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

The Workspace (Windows > Workspace) shows you several Workspaces and you can reset them or create your own.

If you have an issue with InDesign not working properly see if resetting the InDesign preferences sorts the issue out.

Topics

Bug, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
MALNASIR LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the Tab button answer, that was the solution to the other part of the problem. Much obliged. I havent used InDesign since 2005 so it's taking a bit of getting used to. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that there was an update this morning and the problems arose from after that time. I haver therefore uninstalled thenewest version of InDesign and reverted to the previous version 15.0.1 and the problem is solved. Suggestion for Adobe  - If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines