• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant open .indd file

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error message " Cannot open the file "MWF.indd". Adobe InDesign may not support the file format, a plug in that supports the file format may be missing, or the file may be open in another application. 

Please help! 🙂 

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I agree with Manan & Bob. If this file is saved on a network folder, please try saving it on a local drive and then try to work on it.

I'd also recommend following steps given on this help article to recover the document. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get this file? Did someone send it, or did you create it? Can you open it on another machine or not? If it does not open on any machine then probably it's corrupt. You can email a copy of the document at idfile@adobe.com for the Adobe engineers to try and salvage the file for you. If the file is more than 10mb in size, upload it to a cloud service like dropbox and email the public access URL. There is no specified timeframe within which you can expect a revert from Adobe guys, so if time is of the essence and you won't mind a paid solution, try the following
https://markzware.com/products/file-recovery-service/
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created this file. I have tried opening it on other devices and it still shows the same error message. I'm not well educated in Indesign, but most applications show a different icon when it is corrupt and this one looks like any other Indesign file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file stored on a cloud storage such as Dropbox or Onedrive? If so, be sure that the file is fully synced locally and not being stored as cloud-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Macbook and I do back up to the cloud, however there's no option for me to download it onto my computer further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I agree with Manan & Bob. If this file is saved on a network folder, please try saving it on a local drive and then try to work on it.

I'd also recommend following steps given on this help article to recover the document. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines