• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalina/InDesign 2020 AD4ServiceManager needed to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 11.31.43 AM.jpg

Hello! Ever since loading Catalina (A big mistake—I usually wait 6 months but approved the new system w/o realizing what it was!) InDesign 2020 gives me the error then takes 3-4 minutes to load afterwards. With multiple projects all done in ID, that's a lot of minutes to wait ever day...

I've gone through and uninstalled Creative Cloud, and Adobe apps, ran Adobe's Creative Cloud Cleaner and used Clean My Mac to delete all older Adobe files, but I still get the error. I've uploaded old and new Java as well to no avail.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

This appears to belong to Adobe Drive, something that was discontinued 2 years ago. It is also incompatible with Creative Cloud 2017 and later. While there is no chance of getting it working, if you have an IT department, I suggest you contact them about it, they may have special requirements. It is not installed for normal end users of Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to belong to Adobe Drive, something that was discontinued 2 years ago. It is also incompatible with Creative Cloud 2017 and later. While there is no chance of getting it working, if you have an IT department, I suggest you contact them about it, they may have special requirements. It is not installed for normal end users of Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I went through my system and deleted all references to Adobe Drive and now InDesign is working like it should. Thanks for all your help and have a happy holiday!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you find the drive files to delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a search for Adobe Drive and tossed files from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW... This was awesome! THANK YOU. I was not doing much with ID, but had to do some Graduation invitations for several people... I did not realize what a pain it was to wait for it to process the legacy error, let alone as I 'Saved' or 'Saved As'... it was exponentially wasting my time!

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-YOU! Bless YOU!! Thank-YOU!!! 

This worked great! I'd been looking for solutions to the same issue with the InDesign lag and legacy java runtime popup . . . Thanks again!!

Happy New Year!

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This has been bugging me for ages and then finally I could hardly use InD at all... miracle save when I needed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How are you guys getting this to work? I have Adobe Drive files, but they are older files on back-up drives and irrelevant becasue they aren't grouped with the new system software and applications. Strangely, my  mac won't even let me delete them. The Adobe Drive CS4 even has the crossed out logo over top of its icon. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 7.35.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines