Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog Data Merge Plugins

Engaged ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm starting on complicated catalog with over 3,000 products and multiple sections/styles. I can see that this will be beyond InDesign's native data merge. What do you think is the best option for a data merge plugin and why?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are five usual go-tos for catalog plug-ins:

• InData and InCatalog – emsoftware.com
  • EasyCatalog – 65bit.com
  • LiveMerge and Extreme – cacidi.com
  • Designmerge – meadowsps.com
  • Datalinker - teacupsoftware.com

Each retailer offers demo versions of their software for evaluation, so it's worth trying the trial versions to see if one application is a better fit over another.

Be aware though that any users who open a file that used the plug-in may receive a "missing plug-in" warning upon opening the file.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Colin. I'll look into the free trials. Have you used any? In your experience which was the most intuitive? I'm more of an indesign/illustrator person than an excel person, so I'm looking for something that'll be easier to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my day-to-day use of InDesign, I do not use any catalog plug-ins as we don't set up many catalogs... could be a catch 22 I suppose. I've only gone as far as the trial versions and even then I didn't have live jobs to test them on, so I'm afraid I'm not much help there.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for the information, though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are on Mac and look for something easy to use have a look at MyDataMerge (https://mydatamerge.com) Usable and affordable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines