• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalogue category colour Pallet question for designers (colour choice opinion)

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello designers! 

I've created a 200 page catalogue with 15 different catagories, each catagory has it's own colour which is displayed as a tag on the outside of the catalogue. Obviously this is for quick reference when flicking through.

I'd been given the 15 colours used previously but have been asked specifically to change them, as you can see below a few of them are very similar and even some which are similar are quite close together! (The purples + greens for example)

I was wondering if anyone had experience with catagory colours and if they had 15+ colours that i can use for my project?

Any advice would be useful and appriciated 

These are the colours in order of apperience in the catalogue (From left to right)

Capture3.JPG

TOPICS
How to , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to do it with a travel catalogue. I did it in  the following way:

1. Every category was its own document bundled in a INDB.
  2. Styles had in every document the same name to be used in a TOC in the easiest ways.
  3. I worked with spot colors with a specific name which is not a spot color. But with the ink manager (menu in swatch panel) I target this spot color in each document to the wanted color shich I use as spot color, but for output I choose to export as process color. So many symbols change their color to the specific color in each category. This makes it very easy to change in each category the color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines