• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2018 cannot be opened because of a problem!

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my creative cloud apps to CC 2018. None of them will open. "I get the following error: Adobe Indesign CC 2018 cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure Adobe Indesign CC 2018 works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS."

I'm on OS Sierra Version 10.12.6

Obviously 2017 CC Adobe apps ran just fine on it. I know I can uninstall and go back to 2017, but the rest of my team has updated and is now on 2018 which causes a problem since all the 2018 to 2017 files have to be "converted".

I've installed all updates on my OS and restarted. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 2018.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Updated – Problem has been solved for us !

1. We have relaunch our mac without extensions (shutdown, relaunch with"shift") and CC 2018 was OK

2. In our case, our security software – Cylance protect – is to blame.

I hope it will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update your graphics card driver.

if that doesn't help, reset your preferences -   https://forums.adobe.com/thread/526990

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - The preference trick doesn't help. I'm on a mac so the graphics driver is part of the operating system and I’m up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know you have problems with more than id, but i moved your message here to see if anyone here can suggest a different solution.

make sure you were successful (ie, by deleting the preferences folders) resetting your preferences.

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to InDesign]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one Mac having this same problem in Bridge and one in InDesign 2018. I've re-installed the 2017 versions as a work around until we can resolve the 2018 issues.

I did perform an uninstall and reinstall on both mac's for the problem 2018 programs with no luck. I also tried creating a new user and launching the 2018 InDesign. I still received the same error launching 2018 with the new user profile.

Update:  Removing the preferences as suggested does not have any effect. Still receive the same error.

My Mac workstation that had the InDesign error now also has the same error in Bridge 2018.  Currently it's one Mac with InDesign 2018 and Bridge 2018 giving the same error and another Mac workstation having the error only in Bridge 2018.

Update: 2-16-18

I have completely wiped several mac's clean, zero'd out the hard drive. Installed CC apps Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge and Acrobat.  I was able to set up the preferences on all of these but when my user started working Photoshop did the same lock up and we had to go to an earlier version of that software to get it to work. This still continues to be a constant problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this same error message pop up after installing InDesign 2018. I've updated Photoshop and Illustrator to 2018 and appear to be having no issues with those programs so far, just InDesign. I've uninstalled InDesign 2018 and am back on 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Photoshop which I'm attempting to try. Unfortunately I don't have the 2017 version so I don't even have the option of going back to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got anything on this?.....Adobe? Can't get indesign to open at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. reset your preferences (see above)

2. update your os

3. update your graphics card driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Please send your crash report to ansjain@adobe.com.

Also submit crash report when Adobe Crash Reporter dialog comes up and enter the forum link in the description of that so we can relate it to this forum post.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - Called Adobe help. After a couple hours of running the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool, removing 2018, reinstalling 2018, deleting preferences etc. the guy said he would have to kick me up to the next level of assistance. Then a few days later it just started working. My coworker with the same issue then tried hers and it worked as well. Sorry this is no help to anyone else. Try leaving it installed and give it a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent 2 days trying to get illustrator to open. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 4 time and even reinstalled creative cloud and all it does is say please wait while we connect. I'm beyond pissed.. ugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat are working fine but InDesign is giving me

Check with the developer to make sure Adobe InDesign CC 2018 works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS.

I have to revert back to 2017 to get my work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. Have been working with Adobe support for 3 hours. Still doesn't work. I don't think Adobe knows why this is happening. Very, very, very frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is still an issue for me as well. I have multiple Mac users that are unable to update to the latest versions of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. When they do and launch the updated program it errors out and quits. The only solution is to go back into the Creative Cloud app and install a version earlier than the newest one. Once I do this additional install the software works.

This morning I updated Photoshop and InDesign. Once updated I launched them both and both failed. Installed version before though Cloud app and now they work.

This has been going on for months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you allowing preferences to be copied from earlier versions? If so, don’t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please detail the steps to remove previous preferences when updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not a matter of removing them, it’s a matter of not migrating them.

There’s an advanced setting in the update screen on the cc desktop app. Click it to see the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously it gave me a screen that would allow me to check options like settings, etc.   It now jumps to update with no option to change settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Premiere Pro fresh. There were no previous installs. When I launched it I get the same error. Again I go back into Creative Cloud's installers and tell it to install an earlier version and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the CC Cleaner tool AFTER a complete uninstall. THEN reinstall clean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely the Adobe Preferences folder permissions. Try this fix: Fixing permissions problem (slow startup) and remember to widget down the little 'gear' icon in the Get Info box and set it to 'Apply to enclosed items...'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I report the same problem, we can't launch the cc2018 version of Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator

iMac under Sierra : CC2018 has never worked.

iMac under High Sierra : has worked a few days, now don't work anymore

Mac Pro under El Capitan : has worked a few days, now don't work anymore.

Message is the same than the message of heather54494738.

CC2017 is OK.

I have tried all the things which have been posted here, nothing works. Still waiting for a solution. Sorry for the english…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated – Problem has been solved for us !

1. We have relaunch our mac without extensions (shutdown, relaunch with"shift") and CC 2018 was OK

2. In our case, our security software – Cylance protect – is to blame.

I hope it will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines