• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Indesign 2019 - cell styles

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a large financial document for a client that includes many excel documents that we link within the indesign file. We setup table styles that we use when we place the excel table in the document.

Then we have cell styles that are setup (linked with the appropriate paragraph style) that we use to specify each cell whether it may be bold text or underlined anything like that. This has worked great for us in the past as we have been doing the same project each year for that last 3 years.

We updated to CC Indesign 2019 and now when we have an imported table, when we try to specify a cell style, the styling is not being applied. I have gone through each of the cell styles and the paragraph styles to make sure we did not miss anything when setting this up, but the font size and weight (ie bold, italics) will not change when we select one cell style over another. It will however add an underline for the cell styles that have that specified, but if the cell style has both bold and underline it will only apple the underline to the cell and the font size now bold does not change.

I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue, if this is a bug in the update of Indesign.

ANY help would be very appreciated, we are on a very tight deadline and we have now spent hours trying to trace down this issue.

Thanks Indesign World People!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Following the same logic as Mike (that it is an override issue), here is a blog post I wrote up for my students a few years ago. It works the same way in 2019.

Adobe InDesign: Tables That Won’t Accept Table and Cell Styles - Rocky Mountain Training

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your Table Styles based on No Table Style? If so, good.

After applying the Table Style, do you see the Cell Styles panel? Is it set on None? If so, good.

Is there a + sign showing after the None Cell style? Then click the remove attributes not specified in style button at the bottom of the Cell Styles dialog box.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following the same logic as Mike (that it is an override issue), here is a blog post I wrote up for my students a few years ago. It works the same way in 2019.

Adobe InDesign: Tables That Won’t Accept Table and Cell Styles - Rocky Mountain Training

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines