CC InDesign 2021 .indd files are white boxes, ongoing issue.

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running CC 2021. Fresh Uninstall/Reinstall to InDesign version 16.0.1 x64 on 12/2/2020. Fresh OS update to Windows Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. I have associated .INDD files to other programs and reassociated them back to InDesign. IDML files and all other indesign icons display correctly. All of the other CC programs I run have their correct file icons. But the only way I can tell an .INDD file is an INDD file is from the white boxes hovering above them. This has been a problem since I originally upgraded to 16.0.0. I even tried using a registry cleaner to see if that would work (ccleaner) and it found no issues.

This is a mild annoyance, but one that, after having spent several hours over several days reading/trying/trying again to fix, I thought I would throw this back out to the community to see if anyone has new ideas or if Adobe still acknowledges that this is an issue with the product.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this happen with the original install of 2021 but reassociating the INDD extension with InDesign fixed it.

Haven't had any issues since.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines