Highlighted

CC Libraries don't save links to files dragged in

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the middle of doing a rebranding and working with a freelancer. I don't use CC libraries too much because mostly I find them frustrating, but I can see the advantage when working remotely and trying to share assets.

I create a 'footer' on a fact sheet. It consists of 4 logos that are placed into inDesign (logos live on my network drive) and some text with the address. I dragged this footer into a CC Library so we can have a consistent footer throughout our Fact Sheets. I shared with my freelancer and when he drags into InDesign, he tells me the placed logos have broken links. I know I can email him the logos so he can link it but that's a bit frustrating; this footer is one of many elements I'm planning to create as CC Libraries.

Is this normal behavior I have to work around? Or am I doing something wrong (I mean I just drag & drop into a CC Library).

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

This is normal behavior when dragging InDesign art into a CC Library. Only the InDesign objects are included. You would have to EMBED the logos in the InDesign file. Linked objects are NOT copied to a CC Library.

TOPICS
How to, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CC Libraries don't save links to files dragged in

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the middle of doing a rebranding and working with a freelancer. I don't use CC libraries too much because mostly I find them frustrating, but I can see the advantage when working remotely and trying to share assets.

I create a 'footer' on a fact sheet. It consists of 4 logos that are placed into inDesign (logos live on my network drive) and some text with the address. I dragged this footer into a CC Library so we can have a consistent footer throughout our Fact Sheets. I shared with my freelancer and when he drags into InDesign, he tells me the placed logos have broken links. I know I can email him the logos so he can link it but that's a bit frustrating; this footer is one of many elements I'm planning to create as CC Libraries.

Is this normal behavior I have to work around? Or am I doing something wrong (I mean I just drag & drop into a CC Library).

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

This is normal behavior when dragging InDesign art into a CC Library. Only the InDesign objects are included. You would have to EMBED the logos in the InDesign file. Linked objects are NOT copied to a CC Library.

TOPICS
How to, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0