• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Libraries "Either the file does not exist..."

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We created a CC library for our team, but we are unable to use it in InDesign 2017. The items are a mix between mostly graphics (lines, circles, etc.) and text.  There are no Object Styles applied to the graphics, but there are Paragraph Styles applied to the text—every designer has the same styles loaded into their files.  When we place an item from the Library, we get the error message "Either the file does not exist, you do not have permission, or the file may be in use by another application."  The items do not contain links, I am the owner of the library, and we do not have the library open on the website or other programs.

We have tried previous fixes mentioned in the forums:

- Opening in Illustrator and renaming (did not work for us)

- Renaming a Library item (this worked)

- Moving the item to a different library and then back (this worked)

Renaming/moving items every time we need to use them is a HUGE waste of time.  Is there a fix to make the items work all the time, every time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

There are some issues which could be causing the problem with CC Libraries which are, frankly, above the level of users in this forum.

There is a Creative Cloud forum which specializes in such issues. I'd suggest posting your question in this forum (File Hosting, Syncing and Collaboration):

File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some issues which could be causing the problem with CC Libraries which are, frankly, above the level of users in this forum.

There is a Creative Cloud forum which specializes in such issues. I'd suggest posting your question in this forum (File Hosting, Syncing and Collaboration):

File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll post there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Steve, I had moved the second thread back to the InDesign forums because I missed this thread. I moved it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we were working on this at the same time. A little confusing.

David Baxter seems to have a good suggestion about embedding links in the thread I referenced above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can tell, that board no longer exists. My team is having this problem and I can't seem to find a permanent solution. Another post suggested relaunching the Adobe CC App, but that didn't work for us. Has anyone found a fix that doesn't involve renaming the file every time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are on a Mac, try checking the Security & Privacy Settings and check the box for CCLibrary under Full Disk Access. Also add any Adobe apps there and in the Screen Recording tab under Privacy. After checking the box, reboot your computer.

CCLibrary-FullDiskAccess.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines