• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC LIBRARY ISSUE WITH INDESIGN

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to edit an asset in a PHOTOSHOP document that was created with INDESIGN I get the message "This item isn’t directly editable in Photoshop, but it can be placed in a document. To place the item, drag it into an open document"

The issue is only with INDESIGN. If I click on an asset in photoshop that was created with Illlustrator.. Illustrator opens to allow editing of that assett.

Does anyone know a fix?

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

I agree, since the double-click on the Layer approach works for assets brought in from illustrator, it would be nice if it worked in Photoshop. Something to add to the wish list. Check UserVoice https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

When I replicated your issue it worked but I got the same message as you did. Here is what I did to get it to work:

1. create artwork in InDesign
  2. Add elements to a library
  3. In Photoshop, drag asset from the library to the design
  4. A warning message appeared
  5. INDD-PSD1.PNG

6. Click OK, the design appears in the Layer panel and in the canvas

7. Double click on the layer icon >> same error message as you got

8. Instead, go to InDesign

9. In the library, double-click on the asset in the Library, it opens in a new window

10. Edit as you need

11. Save and close the Asset edited

12. Return to Photoshop, the design should be updated (otherwise, right click on the layer and select Udate all modified Content)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, since the double-click on the Layer approach works for assets brought in from illustrator, it would be nice if it worked in Photoshop. Something to add to the wish list. Check UserVoice https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works with the previous version of INDESIGN. In photoshop I click on an assett in cc libraries made with Indesign and the asset opens in indesign! Edit the asset in indesign and return to photoshop and it is updated immediatly! Must be a bug on latest version of INDESIGN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines