• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Library linked images not updating

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if there's an issue with CC Libraries and InDesign right now..

I licensed a few photos from Adobe Stock, they went directly to a CC Library, I put them into my layout then made some quick lighting edits in Photoshop (directly from the CC Lib), saved & closed and back to InDesign - but my changes aren't reflected in the layout.

I checked my Links panel, they're definitely linking from my CC Lib but does not show any changes/update needed. When I reopen the file from the Library, I can see my changes in PS - but not in InDesign. If I try to output my file, I still see the original version of the photo.

I signed out of CC and back in to try and force reload everything, but the problem persists. Any other suggestions? For the moment I'm having to save my edited photo locally then manually reload it into my CC Lib to use in Indd.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

No problem with InDesign 2021 on macOS 10.15.7. Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

InDesign file after editing color in Photoshop:

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 10.51.09 AM.png

The edited PSD file in Photoshop:

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 10.51.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem with InDesign 2021 on macOS 10.15.7. Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

InDesign file after editing color in Photoshop:

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 10.51.09 AM.png

The edited PSD file in Photoshop:

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 10.51.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue seems to have resolved itself - just tested inverting an image and the image updated in both CC Libraries and my indd layout. Thanks for responding! (I'm running on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1, my Indd is at 16.01, PS 22.0.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same issue is happening to me right now, although I see this post is rather old. It's super frustrating. Trying to edit a photo that's in Creative Cloud w/in InDesign. I choose Edit With -> Photoshop. It will open in Ps, and then it doesn't update in CC when saved and closed in Ps. I'm running InDesign v19.2, Ps v25.6

Creative Cloud now says Libraries Sync error.

Any suggestions? This is completely stalling out my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines