• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cell Style taking preference over Table Style?

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Another table/cell style question!

I'm setting up a table style that includes no table boarder, alternating fills and column strokes. No problem so far!

Now, I believe I need to add cell styles to my table style as I need the header and body rows to include specific text cell inserts and vertical justification - the problem is, the cell style options seem to overrule my alternating fills and column strokes I set up as part of my table style.

So, although I don't want my cells to have any fill colour of stroke [because that is being handled by the table style alternating options], as soon as I add the cell styles to my table style options, all my cells turn white [white because the background of my page/artboard is white]. Hopefully that makes sense?!

Can I give preference to the table styles and just use the cell style cell inserts and vertical justification info?

Ta,

TOPICS
Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Hi blackberryd1991,

you may try to set the fill color of your cell style to "ignore".

From my German InDesign:

CellStyle-FillColor-IGNORE.png

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you specify a colour for the cell style? did you keep it to none? so the alternating fill is not overwritten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No, no colour for the cell style.

My Alternating Fill via the table style seems to be working ok now, but if I try adding Column Stroke via table style, they just aren't showing - I guess the cell style of 'none' is taking priority???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi blackberryd1991,

you may try to set the fill color of your cell style to "ignore".

From my German InDesign:

CellStyle-FillColor-IGNORE.png

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah yes, I seem to be getting the results I'm after using this. I'll have a play some more, fingers crossed it'll do the job. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines