• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Center horizontally input text in interactive forms - InDesign

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to format the input text (specifically center horizontally, I know I can change the font and the its size) in interactive text fields during InDesign phase? I'm making an interactive PDF form and I'd like to have centered text without messing with the PDF itself leter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Have a look at FormMagic | Id-Extras.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the form in Acrobat Pro and there you can change the field alignment (and more).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well ok, thank you for replying, but I was asking if there is a way to do that in InDesign. There isn't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at FormMagic | Id-Extras.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be done in Acrobat DC? I cant see how to make text in a field centered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Prepare Form mode, double-click the field to call up its Properties dialog. Click the Options tab and choose Center from the Alignment: menu.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

perfect. thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this can’t be done in InDesign. Why? I don't know 🤷🏽‍  You, however, can change the property of the field in Acrobat. Prepare form > Double click on the text field to get Properties > Change the alignment in the Options tab > Close > Save. (I learned this from a 2017 post by winterm, but updated it for Acrobat 2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tried this but are unable to find the proper menu options.  We have looked through every option available to no avail.  Is it possible that the MAC version and Windows version offer differnt options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines