Highlighted

Center horizontally input text in interactive forms - InDesign

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to format the input text (specifically center horizontally, I know I can change the font and the its size) in interactive text fields during InDesign phase? I'm making an interactive PDF form and I'd like to have centered text without messing with the PDF itself leter.

Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Center horizontally input text in interactive forms - InDesign

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to format the input text (specifically center horizontally, I know I can change the font and the its size) in interactive text fields during InDesign phase? I'm making an interactive PDF form and I'd like to have centered text without messing with the PDF itself leter.

Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 13, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the form in Acrobat Pro and there you can change the field alignment (and more).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well ok, thank you for replying, but I was asking if there is a way to do that in InDesign. There isn't?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at FormMagic | Id-Extras.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this can’t be done in InDesign. Why? I don't know 🤷🏽‍  You, however, can change the property of the field in Acrobat. Prepare form > Double click on the text field to get Properties > Change the alignment in the Options tab > Close > Save. (I learned this from a 2017 post by winterm, but updated it for Acrobat 2020)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tried this but are unable to find the proper menu options.  We have looked through every option available to no avail.  Is it possible that the MAC version and Windows version offer differnt options?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0