Highlighted

Centering an image with smart guides

Explorer ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I center an image on my document page, two centering guides appear as I move my image back and forth. What do both these guides represent? One is about .25" away from the other. I am centering my image in my text box on my document page. Thanks for any help. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Deborrah,

if no other element is on the page or the spread the one horizontal centering guide gives you the center on the page, the other one the center of the area that is defined by the margin guides.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Centering an image with smart guides

Explorer ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I center an image on my document page, two centering guides appear as I move my image back and forth. What do both these guides represent? One is about .25" away from the other. I am centering my image in my text box on my document page. Thanks for any help. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Deborrah,

if no other element is on the page or the spread the one horizontal centering guide gives you the center on the page, the other one the center of the area that is defined by the margin guides.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deborrah,

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Uwe. Now it makes sense. The pink line is the center of the page and the purple line is the cent of the margin guide area. I'm sorry it took me a few days to respond. I didn't see the notification of your answer. I guess I missed it. But thank you for taking the time to answer me. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0