• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Centering texts and images with empty bloc (data fusion)

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I do not if it is possible,but I have a bloc where I put 4 elements from data fusion, in order, text 1, image1 ,  text 2 and image 2.

When all element are present in my data source everything is center but when I only have text 1 and image 1, elements are offset because of the empty image bloc (image 2).

Do you know how it is possible to keep my text 1 and image 1 perfectly center if I do not have text 2 and image 2 in my data source?

Thank you for your helps

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

No need scripting here but [if the op uses anchoring] a simplistic Grep find/replace:

Find:  ^.{3}\K.$

Replace by: nothing

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sort-of understand what you're asking, but I'm not totally clear. Can you post a screen shot of what you have, and a mock-up of what you would like it to look like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Migintosh for your answer,

Here is my problem. 1st image offset the center of text 1 and image 1 while there is no text 2 and image 2.

2nd image show the case with 2 texts and 2 images correcly centerred 

Capture d’écran 2020-04-24 à 13.13.41.pngCapture d’écran 2020-04-24 à 13.14.14.png

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's all possible, but I don't know if it can be done automatically. If the images are anchored in the type, you can set the type to center alignment, but since you mention a data source, I'm thinking you are importing your type and images from that data source through something like Data Merge or similar (I don't know what data fusion is…sorry about that). If you are importing the text and images, you need to have it not create an image frame if there isn't an image, but I don't know how to do that. Maybe it could be fixed with a script, but writing scripts is beyond my skill set. Someone else can probably help you with that, so keep an eye on this post, or make a new one asking for scripting help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes data fusion is Data Merge ("fusion de donée" in french). Is it hard to script something like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never learned scripting, so I couldn't say how hard it would be. It's probably possible, but I couldn't say whether it would take longer to fix it manually, compared to the time it would take to write the script. There are some very good scripters on the forum, so you should be able to get some information here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need scripting here but [if the op uses anchoring] a simplistic Grep find/replace:

Find:  ^.{3}\K.$

Replace by: nothing

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Michel! That will do the trick for the moment.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines