Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Centre align to v in a list of sports fixtures

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Is it possible to allign a list of sporting fixtures so the 'v' lines up from line to line. 

ie.

red v blue

blue v green

rellow v red

orange v blue

If I just centre allign it obviously the 'v' won't line up like I want it, and I can fudge it with tabs or spaces but I thought I'd check here as there might be a much better way. 

Thanks in advance, 

Sarita

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting an image of a sketch of what you're tryiing to do would be much better than words. Not at all clear what you're talking about, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some steps, but try this: 

Change spacevspace to tabvtab

Convert text to table, then size and align your table columns and remove all table strokes.

Screenshot 2020-01-09 14.14.11.pngScreenshot 2020-01-09 14.15.28.pngScreenshot 2020-01-09 14.15.51.png Screenshot 2020-01-09 14.19.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was totally thrown by the term "sporting fixtures." At least in my part of the US, I've never heard that term before. I had to look it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also try: tab color1 tab V tab color2, and set the tabs as equally spaced right aligned, center aligned, left aligned. The tab positions can be saved in a Paragraph Style:

Screen Shot 9.png

Screen Shot 16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the "align on" tab and specify to align on the v.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 8.57.27 AM.pngThen you'll only need one tab for each line and they will all adjust together. (Sorry, picture didn't upload with previous reply)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution will not work if the first color has the letter "v". For example, "violet".

I think the best solution is the three tabs (right, center, left), given by Rob Day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines