Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change header in template

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've downloaded this template: Minimalist Magazine Layout - billede | Adobe Stock and am really glad for the design. But on the top of the head of almost every page, there stands 'Magazine' which I'd like to substitute with something else. BUT - I can't change it. I can't edit it. And I even can't delete it. I've been through my master-page, and there is nothing there. So is there anyone, that might be able to help me?

Best regards

Jacob

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Hi

The headers are located on the A, B, E and F Master pages. Open these spreads by double-clicking on them, then use the Type tool to edit the header on the master pages you wish to use.

Hope this helps

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob,

Have a look if the text is not locked on master page or on a spread.

Go to Object>Unlock All on Spread.

See if that helps.

Kamila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that isn't possible. It doesn't seem to be a possibility to unlock any objects. As a matter of a fact, it isn't even possible to mark the text. I really don't know what to do.

But thank you for trying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look if you can find it on any layer and try to switch it off in layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The headers are located on the A, B, E and F Master pages. Open these spreads by double-clicking on them, then use the Type tool to edit the header on the master pages you wish to use.

Hope this helps

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! This solved my exact problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem in InDesign with the Square Catalogue Layout.  I am unable unlock the headers so I can change them.  Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

If I search for 'Square Catalog Layout', Stock returns quite a number of possibilities. Could you link to the one you are trying to use, so I can have a look.

Chances are the headers you are trying to edit are in one of the master pages, so I would recommend that you check which master(s) is applied to your catalog's pages and open the master directly to try and edit the headers.

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you open the master directly? I'm having the same issue with a brochure template. On the top of all the pages except the cover, it says "YOUR COMPANY' and I can't figure out how to change it. I've tried to double click on the header itself in what I think is the masters in the spread but it doesn't give me A, B, E, F or allow me to unlock anything on the page. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open and edit a master page, go to the Pages panel, and open it fully so you see the names of the masters above the dividing line.

Double-click on the name of the master to the left as circled below:

MasterPage.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem in the Modern studio book layout. I have expanded the masters dividing line and still don't have "master pages". How do I change the "company name" if I don't have master pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Open it fully" is the key!  thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you open it fully? I double click on the page but the name of it still doesn't appear above the line. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I figured it out! You slide the line down to reveal them already there. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a saint! I have been trying to figure that out FOREVER! Thanks ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines