Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change InDesign language to Tamil

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am working in InDesign CS6 (not cloud version) and I can't get the program to recognize any other language. I need to create a file in a variety of languages (currently need Tamil, Teluga, Kannada, etc.) Nothing works, I have followed all the examples online, character tab, paragraph tab, loaded fonts, loaded unicode fonts and nothing works! It call comes up as boxes or English text. I have 16  newsletters to do and am totally frustrated. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share some screenshots of what you see?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 2.30.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-30 at 2.08.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a font problem, the pink boxes show that the font you are using does not have the glyph needed to show the correct character. I created a small sample pasting text from the web onto a document and applying Arial Unicode MS font along with the World Ready Composer and things look fine to me(i can't read/write Tamil). See screenshot below

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 10.34.05 AM.png

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indic.jpgI'm also looking for the same solution. A friend said the above setting will solve our problem. The screen shot you shared here shows that you are using Tamil Unicode fonts. It seems Indic Unicode fonts are not settling fine in Adobe. For a immediate solution for this problem, you need to convert Unicode fonts to any other monolingual fonts. The best is TAM (Tamil Monolingual) you can freely download more then 200 TAM fonts. You need to explore on the topic which explain the ways to convert Unicode --> TAM. Please visit www.azhagi.com to learn on how to convert Tamil fonts and to download TAM fonts for free. You also can send a WhatsApp message to 60123095142 to join our discussion on Tamil Computing. Best of Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines