• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change margins on multiple master pages in one go

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that has multple master pages — 74 of them, to be exact. I need to change the left and right margins to an identical measure for all. However, I don't see a global way to do it. Is there?

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Hi miromonti

To change the margins on multple master pages in one go you need to have them selected in the Pages panel.

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 8.59.06 PM.png

Under the Layout menu go to Margins and Columns....

You'll need to ener each Margin (Top, Bottom, Left and Right) in your case the Left and Right separately.

NOTE: Before selecting the master pages and doing this step make sure the chain link is disabled.

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 8.59.19 PM.png

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try File>Document Setup and then change the margins?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. But the effect is not across the board. In fact, only one master page change; it did not apply to the rest. I figure this must be because those master pages were configured individually, so File > Document Setup doesn't apply to them. Thanks for that tip. I remain open to a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi miromonti

To change the margins on multple master pages in one go you need to have them selected in the Pages panel.

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 8.59.06 PM.png

Under the Layout menu go to Margins and Columns....

You'll need to ener each Margin (Top, Bottom, Left and Right) in your case the Left and Right separately.

NOTE: Before selecting the master pages and doing this step make sure the chain link is disabled.

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 8.59.19 PM.png

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Mike Bro.

Thanks so much! I should have known. Also, your concise, illustrated instructions are much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines