• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change order of posts i TOC

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a book with chapters by different authors. Every chapter starts with the title of the chapter followed by the author's name. However, in the TOC the order should be reversed, with the author's name appearing before the chapter title. I thought I could manage this in the TOC panel but the order of posts stays the same?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

unfortunately, even if we change the hierarchy in the TOC option, in the generated summary the order remains the same
1 Chapter Title
2 Author

In my first screenshot the "Author's name" is on the 2nd level and im my second screenshot the "Author's name" is on the 1st level but in generated TOC the order doesn't change.

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

One solution may be by inserting invisible "Author's name" before the "Chapter Title" and generate the TOC with that style

Screenshot (7).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the ToC dialog box, make sure you are seeing More Options, and notice you can adjust the hierarchy up or down. Your author name should be hierarchy 1, while the chapter title should become hierarchy 2

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is how I did my TOC, but still the author names shows up after the chapter title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately, even if we change the hierarchy in the TOC option, in the generated summary the order remains the same
1 Chapter Title
2 Author

In my first screenshot the "Author's name" is on the 2nd level and im my second screenshot the "Author's name" is on the 1st level but in generated TOC the order doesn't change.

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

One solution may be by inserting invisible "Author's name" before the "Chapter Title" and generate the TOC with that style

Screenshot (7).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I considered doing something similar, but right now I'm fixing this manually (cut and paste …).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, but you know if you have to update your TOC you will lose all this manually changed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A good question could be here:

Is the "Chapter Title" in the TOC a "1-line para"?

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines