• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change visible layers of a Photoshop file in Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I place a Psd file in InDesign, and I want to change the visible layers, I know I have to right click on it and select ''object layers option'' to select the ones I want to keep. Than I turn back in Photoshop to edit my work and I save it. Howevers, when I go back in Indesign later, it tells me to refresh the link of the psd file. But when I do so, all the layers that I've selected before change to the ones that where open on my last changes on photoshop. Is there a way to not refresh the visible layers of a psd file after I refresh the link of it?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

You can work with layer compositions in Photoshop and select those in the Object Layers option.
In Photoshop you have to keep the compositions uptodate, but that's quicker/easier than switching the layers in InDesign all the time.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/layer-comps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can work with layer compositions in Photoshop and select those in the Object Layers option.
In Photoshop you have to keep the compositions uptodate, but that's quicker/easier than switching the layers in InDesign all the time.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/layer-comps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the bottom of the Object Layer Options dialog, set the Update Link Options > When Updating Link: menu to 'Keep layer Visibility Overrides'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines