• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing document size and some objects move InDesign 2020

Contributor ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why some objects move around when I change document size.
Indesign 2020. Is there some object related option somewhere to move with layout?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Does turning off Adjust layout/ Liquid layout help resolving the issue?

adjust layout 2.png

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. Srishti, how does one turn off Adjust Layout? I don't see anywhere to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the right image of Srishti post.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for being dense, but I don't see in the image where I can turn off Adjust Layout. 

I have found these windows and they look the same on my screen. I have even unchecked Adjust Locked Content. I have Liquid Layout turned off as well. However, when I adjust Document Size, various text boxes are moved relative to the new page size—they are spread out. I would like to change the Document size without any of the content I already have moving at all. I'm pretty sure I've done this in the past many times.

Again, I apologize if I'm missing something obvious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you change the Document Setup’s Width and Height (don’t click Adjust Layout...), the page items will stay put, and the added dimensions will get added relative to the spine with Facing Page docs. Custom sized pages will not change.

Screen Shot 21.pngScreen Shot 22.png

Reduced:

Screen Shot 23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not what is happening for me. I have of course by now clicked the Adjust Layout button in an attempt to turn it off, but am unable to do so...Am I to understand that once you click it, you can't go back? Do I need to copy and paste everything into new document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I look closer, I see that it's happening to some pages and not others. Maybe there's another reason some pages are affected and not others? I'll try to figure out what's different.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With your Pages Tool selected, select all of the pages in the Pages Panel, look in the Control Panel and set the Liquid Page Rule to Off. There also a Liquid Layout panel under Window>Interactive

Screen Shot 37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines