Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Footnote Reference makes it reflow

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have been highlighting and then immediately unhighlighting the footnote references in my document as a workaround for disappearing footnotes. It brings the footnotes back immediately, but I have noticed in at least one document it makes paragraphs reflow which should not reflow. The size of the footnotes references doesn't change at all, so there is no reason for this to happen.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I have noticed it occurs when I am not using OpenType superiors but have to create my own, but there is still no reason why this change should happen.

I have been working on an MacBook Air using Catalina10 .15.5 and InDesign 15.1.1.

I just want a document that doesn't randomly reflow without telling me! 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you could change the zoom in and out to make the page refresh. Or possibly press Force Redraw : Shift-F5. When you do, does the text move around?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines