Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing from CMYK to RGB

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created a document in CMYK, and made the layout with images and text. Now I realized it is in CMYK and this document will be used on the web and therefore I would like to convert it into RBG. The problem is – it does not work! I have tried everything I can come up with, but still when I use a HEX color in RGB it automatically converts to CMYK color inside the document. What to do? This is what I have done:

1. Checked that every image is in RGB.

2. The color profile is set to Adobe RGB.

3. The transparancy blend? (not sure on the word in English. It's "genomskinlighetsblandning" in Swedish.) is set to RGB.

4. Document settings is set to webb.

5. Proofing (korrektur) is off.

I get the error warning that the transparency ("genomskinlighetsblandning") is set to RGB and that I should change it, since the layout contains objects that has got a CMYK color. But the problem is that I want to give these objects a RGB color, but as soon as I do that it changes automatically into RGB.

Please, I would be very grateful if you are able to help me. I've tried trouble shooting for two days now... What am I missing here?

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Edit / Transparency Blend Space / Document RGB

You would change your color palettes. Hopefully you defined in your Paragraph/ Character Styles and it becomes a relatively painless process. I unfortunately forget and have to do this pretty often.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that the last word in the paragraph "I get the error warning that the transparency ("genomskinlighetsblandning") is set to RGB and that I should change it, since the layout contains objects that has got a CMYK color. But the problem is that I want to give these objects a RGB color, but as soon as I do that it changes automatically into RGB." was meant to be CMYK. Yes, colors that are defined as CMYK will appear as such in the Swatches Panel even if the file has been changed to Web in the Document Setup. You can change these colors to RGB by double-clicking on them in the Swatches Panel and changing them through the "Color Mode:" pull-down menu. Also realize that any imported Illustrator or Photoshop images will need to be changed to RGB in their original programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I realized it is in CMYK and this document will be used on the web and therefore I would like to convert it into RBG.

I assume you are exporting your document to a PDF? If that is the case you don't need to make any changes to the document. On export you can choose to convert all of the color in the document to any color space via the PDF Export Output tab. So this would make the conversion to sRGB:

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 10.01.34 AM.png

If you are exporting to PDF (Interactive) the conversion is automatic—all color in interactive exports is converted to profiled sRGB.

If you are exporting to an image format like JPEG or PNG ther is also an option to convert to RGB via the Color Space drop down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the error warning that the transparency ("genomskinlighetsblandning") is set to RGB and that I should change it, since the layout contains objects that has got a CMYK color.

Also, even if you go to the trouble of converting every object and color in your document to RGB (which really isn't necessary), you still have to use the correct setting in the PDF Export Output tab. The warning you are getting indicates that you have the Destination set to a CMYK profile, which conflicts with your RGB Transparency Blend Space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit / Transparency Blend Space / Document RGB

You would change your color palettes. Hopefully you defined in your Paragraph/ Character Styles and it becomes a relatively painless process. I unfortunately forget and have to do this pretty often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You safe my life!!!! thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too in 2022. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you in 2022 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was exactly what I was looking for, so thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello yes it works but also you will need to go to Adobe Bridge / Color Settings / and then change it in case if others options doesnt work! this worked for me perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you in 2072

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines