Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing paragraph direction within mixed text

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm attempting to have Hebrew text within a Finnish paragraph. I downloaded the MENA version which changed the charecter direction no problem, but when attempting to change paragraph direction for a sentence it bugs out and splits the sentence to a random place in the text. I don't speak Hebrew, I'm trying to copy text from Word so maybe typing this would work, but that would be too difficult in this case. Why does InDesign have such bad support for Hebrew and Arabic, that you have to download a different version of the program and it still doesn't work? Surely many people want to write mixed text like this.

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

For small bits of Hebrew or Arabic (ME languages), you really don't need the ME version. You can install these scripts that will let you reverse text direction on a character or paragraph level. Suggest you set the paragraph left-to-right, select the Hebrew within and run the "rtl" script. You may need to set composer to World-Ready. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dzvkg4iv1vsg6tq/AAC_FlxT4qr55lwNrA0QKd5da?dl=0

(These are labeled for CS4 but should still work just fine.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For small bits of Hebrew or Arabic (ME languages), you really don't need the ME version. You can install these scripts that will let you reverse text direction on a character or paragraph level. Suggest you set the paragraph left-to-right, select the Hebrew within and run the "rtl" script. You may need to set composer to World-Ready. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dzvkg4iv1vsg6tq/AAC_FlxT4qr55lwNrA0QKd5da?dl=0

(These are labeled for CS4 but should still work just fine.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines