Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing the dimensions of the page without changing anything else

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends,

Newbie here...So, I created this booklet 5"x8" with margins 0.75" on the three sides and 1" on the inside.

Turns out they want 5.5"x8.5", so all I wish to do is add 0.25 on the three sides, so it will be 1" on three sides and 1.25" on the inside.

I have tried doing almost everything, but its creating a havoc with the content.

Please see the file attached...

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

If you want to simply add a .25" on all 4 sides of all the pages whithout moving any of the page items, you can use the Pages tool—I don’t think there is a way to keep everything in place and centered via Document Setup, because Document Setup doesn’t consider the Transform tool’s Reference Point, and Adjust Layout changes the page items.

With the Pages tool selected, select all of the pages in the Pages panel, or if you are using Masters select the Master pages with the Pages tool:

Screen Shot 51.png

With

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Document Setup > Adjust Layout, Enter your new page size and experiment with the other settings, for example, you can choose to prevent InDesign from changing font sizes by keeping the Adjust Font Size option unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek, It does seem like you should be able to do this via Document Setup’s Adjust Layout, but I don’t see a way without affecting the page items? The OP doesn’t want to move or resize anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to simply add a .25" on all 4 sides of all the pages whithout moving any of the page items, you can use the Pages tool—I don’t think there is a way to keep everything in place and centered via Document Setup, because Document Setup doesn’t consider the Transform tool’s Reference Point, and Adjust Layout changes the page items.

With the Pages tool selected, select all of the pages in the Pages panel, or if you are using Masters select the Master pages with the Pages tool:

Screen Shot 51.png

With the Transform panel’s Reference Point set to centered, enter the new Width and Height:

Screen Shot 52.png

After you have changed the page sizes, you can match the Document Setup and select all of the pages and reset the margins:

Screen Shot 53.pngScreen Shot 54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I missed your post attachment. Your doc has a mix of masters, so you need to do the master pages first. Is this what you are looking for?

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/1efa4b69-df28-45a7-6526-20c6df6ebfec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines