• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the location of page numbers in an existing book

New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a booklet that already has page numbers set up automatically but I have been unable to change the location of the page numbers which are currently close to the gutter/spine.  Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a booklet that already has page numbers set up automatically but I have been unable to change the location of the page numbers which are currently close to the gutter/spine.  Any help is appreciated.

By @Lisa5C09

As in you can't select the numbers? is a layer locked? are they on a master?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not on a master nor is the layer locked.  It is set up to start numbering on page 4 but I don't see an option for location of page numbers.  I do have to admit that I'm pretty new at InDesign!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

maybe trying setting up page numbers yourself on a new master and apply that master to the pages? and do way with that master you have?

like this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/layout-design-9.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set up the page number box so that its left and right edges are at the place the number should wind up on the outside edge of the page, depending on whether it is a left- or right-hand page. If you then set the page alignment to Away From Spine, the number will move depending upon where the page falls.

If nothing is overridden on the Master Pages, you could set up the Master Pages as a spread, and put the number charater in the correct positon on each page of the spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines