Highlighted

Character and Paragraph styles missing after InDesign 15.0.2 update

New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this is related, but all of my Character and Paragraph Styles are now missing in the newest update (15.0.2). I spent hours on the book I am working on to get those set up properly. Is there any fix for this? The only way I found my styles was to uninstall the latest update and go back to 15.0.1.

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Character and Paragraph styles missing after InDesign 15.0.2 update

New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this is related, but all of my Character and Paragraph Styles are now missing in the newest update (15.0.2). I spent hours on the book I am working on to get those set up properly. Is there any fix for this? The only way I found my styles was to uninstall the latest update and go back to 15.0.1.

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your workspace Window > Workspace > Reset [name of your workspace].

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is not typical experience with InDesign. In addition to Steve's response. I'd recommend updating InDesign to the latest version 15.0.3
Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oda428742A,

do you mean that your custom styles are missing when no document is open?

That could be related to an update if no preferences are migrated or if you trashed preferences.

What can you do in that case?
When no document is open, go to your Paragraph Styles panel and do "Load All Text Styles…":

From a document where you used the styles lately.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines