• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character not rendering after exporting as PDF

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'hn' character converted as unknown character in PDF, but same character looks fine in InDesign application file. It seems display of the character is converted as unknow character during PDF creation.

The issue is not only with the above said characters but also with hi, il, io etc. When the issue was reported we tried opening the application files and found that the characters were correct in the application files.

I've attached error screen shot both InDesign and PDF FYR. Please check and share the solution to fix the same in our project.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We'll be happy to look into it. We'd require some more information like:

1. Version of OS, InDesign and Acrobat.

2. What presets or settings are being used for PDF export? (You can also attach a screenshot of PDF export settings.)

This information will help us understand issue better.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Please find the details in below:

1. MAC OS, InDesign CC2015 and Acrobat reader
2. Screen shot attached FYR...Preset.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bhupathil307,

I think your problem is with the used Futura Type 1 fonts.

If I substitute the missing fonts ( I do not have your used Type 1 fonts installed on Windows 10 ) with Adobe Fonts (formerly this service was named Typekit) that are OTF fonts I can see no problem at all.

So the solution would be not using the old Type 1 fonts, but the current OTF fonts from Adobe Fonts.

There will be no changes in word wraps at line ending as far as I can see. For that test I placed your PDF and one that I did with the substituted OTF fonts and set your PDF to opacity 35% with the effects panel:

TwoPDFsStacked-1.PNG

This is a view on my placed PDF where the top PDF, your sample PDF, is not visible because I set opacity to 0%:

TwoPDFsStacked-2.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bhupathil307,

your sample document has a colorful past 😉

In the file's history I see that it was restored 15 times. Maybe InDesign crashed a lot on October 23 and 24?

So: The issue could be a document centric one.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still getting same error in another files, but same error not reproduced againin the same MAC system. We don't know when the issue appear while creating the PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines